We started Tidemark with the core belief that tides of traditional FP&A would change.
In fact, much of the design principles behind Tidemark’s platform and portfolio of apps are built on opposite philosophies of the systems that have been in the market over the last decade and beyond.
- Our modern cloud computational services can provide data-driven decisions at the speed of business because it’s unbounded by data structures, volumes, dimensions or hierarchies
- Our unique process-driven frameworks dramatically change outdated, time-consuming requirements that have challenged financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals for years due to limitations from legacy approaches
- Our industry-first features like Storylines or Playbooks provide a more efficient alternative to age-old methods of showing a company’s performance
- Our unprecedented Big Data Finance design integrates both internal and external information so teams can see reporting at the most granular levels and answers questions like never before
- Our unique predictive analytics for finance and operations use machine-learning algorithms to understand the causation and correlations while predicting the paths likely to produce the most desired outcomes
Since our inception, we’ve relied on a number of supporters within our community to provide guidance and counsel in our mission to re-imagine how budgeting, planning and forecasting is done in today’s enterprise.
When industry experts like Gartner Research recognize this transformational paradigm, in our opinion, it’s a significant[i] sign that the corporate performance management (CPM) sector is seeing renewed and well deserved interest - which can only help the emerging strategic role that CFOs and FP&A teams have in the new digital era.
It is in this context that we wanted to thank and acknowledge Gartner and those customers who have contributed to Tidemark’s placement as Visionaries in the new Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management 2015 in only our first year of participation.
Tidemark accomplished this position with our platform being Generally Available in only two and a half years. Coming out of beta in only August 2012 -- in our opinion -- Tidemark’s placement as Visionary marks one of the shortest durations of time for such an accomplished ranking in the MQ for CPM’s history. While being the youngest vendor in the study, Tidemark’s innovative features and ability to help customers were very well received.[ii]
As the newest company involved in the study, we need to acknowledge those in our community that helped us get here. Our customers, who’ve committed to working with us to forever change how they steer their company’s performance, are first and foremost. Our partners, who’ve joined our fight in challenging inefficient and antiquated practices in finance, are next. Tidemark employees – past and present – who find new ways to solve the problems that our customers inherited from legacy solutions plaguing our industry everyday are also on the list. A number of other supporters are in our minds and hearts as we celebrate this record-setting accomplishment.
Finally, I urge you to stay tuned to our blog as we have a new innovation being released next week that will change another age-old perception within finance. Gartner’s recognition is an important milestone for Tidemark as well as its customers and partners, but it’s also just the beginning.
[i] Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
[ii] Gartner 'Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management [CPM] Suites' by Christopher Iervolino, John E. Van Decker. 2 April 2015